Instrumental Music Programs – Is Your Child Missing Out?
Instrumental Music Programs: No Students Participating.
Instrumental Music Programs: CA Ed Code requires families be informed about learning expectations and student progress in meeting them.
- What are students expected to KNOW and BE ABLE to do each semester?
- What are students expected to do at home?
- What they are expected to bring to music class each day?
- Have you received a letter from your child’s teacher and a “parent packet” outlining program goals, expectations and calendars of events?
- Do families know how to rent musical equipment? Do they know how to receive instrumental loans from the school if needed?
- How are students and families informed of how students are doing in meeting learning expectations?
- Is this information translated into Spanish and Chinese?
Instrumental Music Programs: The district states that communication with families is a top priority.
- Do you know how to contact your child’s music teacher if you have questions or concerns about the class?
- Do you receive regular updates on your child’s progress?
- Do you know about events such as the Spring Music Festival and requirements for participation?
- Did you know there was a district VAPA website? (It’s here: http://sfusdvapa.weebly.com/)
- Do you receive regular communication directly from your child’s teacher/school about the music program at your child’s school?